Talking to Parents about ChoreMonster
How do I get ChoreMonster?
Go to ChoreMonster.com to register.
What is ChoreMonster?
- ChoreMonster is an app for the iPhone and iPad that is designed to make it easy and fun for children to complete chores.
- Kids can earn points by completing chores that they can turn in for real life rewards like ice cream, a camping trip, or an hour of Xbox — the parents set the rewards.
What are the benefits of ChoreMonster?
- ChoreMonster supports the development of executive function skills in children. As children plan, organize and complete chores they are developing their working memory, self control, and mental flexibility.
- Research shows that participating in household chores teaches children a sense of responsibility, competence, self-reliance, and self-worth. In a recent study, Marty Rossman, emeritus associate professor of family education at the University of Minnesota, determined that the best predictor of young adults' success in their mid-20s was that they participated in household tasks when they were three or four.
- ChoreMonster is entertaining for kids and simple to use for parents. It uses today's technology — something children are very comfortable with and see as fun.
How much does it cost?
- ChoreMonster is free to use and lets parents create chores with point values and rewards while allowing kids to complete the chores to gain the rewards.
- Membership also gives the child access to the Monster Carnival, which provides another level of fun and motivation.